Ireland has moved to Level 5 at midnight on Wednesday 21st October. This includes:
Visiting to nursing homes: is suspended (with the exception of visits required for critical and compassionate circumstances).
Travelling: Stay at home. Exercise within 5 kilometres of home. Exceptions include for vital family reasons but excluding social family visits.
Visiting restrictions are in place to minimise exposure of Covid-19 to both residents and staff. We continue to work tirelessly to maintain everyone’s safety. Thank you for your co-operation.
- Remote visiting (phone and video calls)are available (please book these with the Administration Team between 10am-4pm).
- Window visits will be arranged where this is feasible. These visits must be organised with the Administration Team.
- Outdoor visiting where safe distance can be maintained at all times will be facilitated where possible.
- Room visits may be arranged in exceptional circumstances such as end of life care. This is by prior arrangement with the Director of Care or Assistant Director of Care. PPE (Hand hygiene, mask, gown, gloves) are essential.
- Visitors who should be restricting their movements or in quarantine are not permitted to visit.
- Visits should be arranged a minimum of one working day (24 hours) in advance.
- Public Health guidance regarding international travel applies to these visit and you should refer to www.gov.ie for details.
- Unplanned visits shall not be facilitated.
- Visits will occur in designated areas.
- No food/ refreshments are permitted. Use of the resident’s/visitors’ bathroom facilities is not permitted.
- Children are not permitted to visit.
- The resident’s right to decline a visitor shall be respected.
- The Person in Charge /Designee will be notified of any difficulties encountered in implementation of these measure.