Visiting update during Covid-19 Pandemic
by Haven Bay : 25 November 2021
Click Here to fill out the Covid-19 Visitors Questionnaire
- FOUR visits per week are facilitated with visitors limited to 2 per resident at a time between 10am-4pm. Visiting takes place 7 days per week.
- Visitors are required to sign in on entry to the facility (regulatory requirement) and Visitors are asked to continue to wear a surgical mask during the visit.
- From Monday 15th November we are required to check each visitors Certificate of Vaccination or Immunity and Photo ID. This includes Essential and Important Service Providers. Non vaccinated visitors and Service Providers will not admitted except in compassionate circumstances which must be authorised by Senior Management. Window visits will be facilitated for non vaccinated visitors. Note there is a requirement for exemptions on compassionate grounds. The right of the resident to see someone who they wish to see is central to the application of exemptions on compassionate grounds.
- Residents who are not vaccinated should be informed of the specific risk to them of seeing additional people in the absence of their own vaccination.
- Visitors should be discouraged from interacting socially with other visitors indoors or with residents other than the person they have come to visit. Visits should take place in residents bedrooms or in a designated area or outdoors.
- Please do not bring unvaccinated children into the Centre or expose residents to unvaccinated children anywhere. There are huge numbers of schools currently in outbreak.
Visitors must accept personal responsibility with respect to the risk that they may inadvertently be exposed to infection during the visit and that their safety depends in a large measure on their behaviour during the visit. Equally, visitors may unknowingly pass Covid-19 onto residents.
- Remote visiting (phone and video calls) is available.
- All visits (remote, window or in designated visiting areas) should be booked with the Administration team between 10am-4pm Monday to Friday.
- We DO really appreciate your understanding of our efforts to reduce the risk of infection with Covid-19 and balancing the wellbeing of residents, families and friends.