Visiting update during Covid-19 Pandemic
by Haven Bay : 24 July 2020
A resident may have TWO visits per week with a maximum of TWO visitors per visit for 30 minutes. Visitors can change as long as we have their contact details in advance. These people will be selected by the resident where possible.
- If a resident is unable to leave their room, visiting will take place in the bedroom.
- Weather permitting, visiting can take place outside.
- Visits will be at designated times between 10-12.30pm, 1.30-4pm and 5-5.30pm with late visiting facilitated on Thursdays (up to 8pm).
- Visits should be arranged a minimum of one working day (24 hours) in advance.
- Screening of visitors:
- Visitors must complete a form confirming that they have not had COVID- 19 or any of its symptoms, or had close contact with a person with Covid-19 or suspect of having COVID-19.
- Visitors must undergo a temperature check.
- Visitors must perform hand hygiene correctly.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask if a screen is not being used.
- Visitors with fever or respiratory symptoms will not be admitted.
- Public Health guidance regarding international travel applies to these visit and you should refer to www.gov.ie for details.
- Visitors are required to sign on entry and exit using their own pen.
- Unplanned visits shall not be facilitated.
- Visits will occur in designated areas.
- No food/ refreshments are permitted. Use of the resident’s/visitors’ bathroom facilities is not permitted.
- A supervised pre booked child may accompany an adult.
The resident’s right to decline a visitor shall be respected.
- Virtual (window) visits count as a visit to avoid heavy footfall at any one time.
- The Person in Charge /Designee will be notified of any difficulties encountered in implementation of these measure.
- To book a visit: In the interim, please contact reception staff between 10am and 4pm to make a booking.